in Congenital Heart Disease
Inpatient Education Series
Neurodevelopmental Outcomes of Children with CHD
Evolution of Understanding in the Anatomy of CHD
Pediatric Heart Care in Low Resource Environments: Lessons From a 25 Year Journey
A conversation with Professor Jane Somerville about the evolution of congenital cardiac surgery and the development of adult congenital cardiology.
Professor Jane Somerville is Emeritus Professor of Cardiology Imperial College, London. She defined the concept & speciality of Grown Up/Adult Congenital Cardiology.
A conversation with Dr. Adrienne Kovacs about how health providers can cope with the stresses induced by the COVID-19 pandemic.
A conversation with Dr. Ami Bhatt about how to incorporate Telehealth into your clinical practice, especially in these difficult times.
Check out the newest Heart University publication
from our international team!
Cardiology in the Young — March 2020 — Cambridge University Press
A collection of descriptive intraoperative surgical videos
Response & Resources
ACHA presents a webinar on
COVID-19 for CHD patients.
November 19–20, 2019 — Sage Gateshead, Newcaster upon Tyne, UK
FEATURED LECTURE SERIES
Series led by Krishna Kumar, MD, Children’s HeartLink and other experts from around the world.
Over 90% of the world’s children with congenital heart disease are born in low and middle income countries, yet education regarding the care of these children in this setting is lacking.
LEARNING CENTER CATALOG QUICK LINKS
Check out these other great educational resources.
GUIDELINES & REFERENCES
- CPR in infants and children with cardiac disease: AHA 2018 Scientific Statement
- Pediatric Cardiac Failure: ELSO 2018 Guidelines
- Neonatal Respiratory Failure: ELSO 2017 Guidelines
- PALS: AHA 2015 Guidelines Update
- Indications for Pediatric Respiratory Extracorpeal Life Support: ELSO 2014 Guidelines
- ECMO and Anticoagulation: ELSO 2014 Guidelines
- Pediatric Respiratory Failure: ELSO 2013 Guidelines
- Extracorpeal Pulmonary Resuscitation: ELSO 2013 Guidelines
- PALS: AHA 2010 Guidelines
- ASE Statement on Protection of Patients and Echocardiography Service Providers During the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Outbreak: American Society of Echocardiography 2020
- British Congenital Cardiac Association COVID-19 (Corona Virus): Vulnerable groups with congenital heart disease: British Congenital Cardiac Association 2020
- Position Statement of the ESC Council on Hypertension on ACE-Inhibitors and Angiotensin Receptor Blockers: The European Society of Cardiology (ESC) March 2020
- GUIDANCE FROM THE CCS COVID-19 RAPID RESPONSE TEAM COVID-19 and Cardiovascular Disease: What the Cardiac Healthcare Provider Should Know: Canadian Cardiac Society 2020
- American Association of Critical Care Nurses-Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: American Association of Critical Care Nurses March 2020
- Patient Handout by Global ARCH – COVID-19 and CHD: Global ARCH April 2020
- Device-Based Therapy of Cardiac Rhythm Abnormalities: ACC/AHA/HRS 2008 Guidelines
- Asymptomatic Patient with Wolff-Parkinson-White ECG Pattern: PACES/HRS 2012 Expert Consensus
- Device-based Therapy of Cardiac Rhythm Abnormalities: ACCF/AHA/HRS 2012 Guidelines
- Pharmacological and Non-pharmacological Therapy for Arrhythmias in Pediatric Patients: EHRA/AEPC 2013 Expert Consensus
- Diagnosis and Management of Patients with Inherited Primary Arrhythmia Syndromes: HRS/EHRA/APHRS 2013 Expert Consensus
- Evaluation and Management of Ventricular Arrhythmias in the Child with a Structurally Normal Heart: PACES/HRS 2014 Expert Consensus
- Recognition of and Management of Arrhythmias in Adult CHD: PACES/HRS 2014 Expert Consensus
- Management of Ventricular Arrhythmia and Prevention of Sudden Cardiac Death: ESC 2015 Guidelines
- Pre-participation cardiovascular evaluation for athletic participants to prevent sudden death: EHRA 2016 Position Paper
- Use of Catheter Ablation in Children and Patients with Congenital Heart Disease: PACES/HRS 2016 Expert Consensus
- Evaluation and Management of Patients With Syncope: ACC/AHA/HRS 2017 Guideline
- Management of Ventricular Arrythmias and Prevention of SCD: AHA/ACC/HRS 2017 Guideline
- Ambulatory ECG and External Cardiac Monitoring and Telemetry: ISHNE/HRS 2017 Expert Consensus
- Clinical Stress Testing in the Pediatric Age Group: AHA 2006 Scientific Statement
- Recommendations for Physical Activity, Recreation Sport, and Exercise Training in Paediatric Patients with CHD: EACPR/AEPC 2012 Expert Consensus
- Eligibility and Disqualification Recommendations for Competitive Athletes with Cardiovascular Abnormalities: AHA/ACC 2015 Scientific Statement
- Diagnosis and Management of Syncope: ESC 2018 Guidelines
- Variation in Care for Infants Undergoing the Stage II Palliation for Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome: Cardiol Young 2018
- Management of Transposition of the Great Arteries with Intact Ventricular Septum: EACTS/AEPC 2017 Guidelines
- Evaluation and Management of Syncope: ACC/AHA/HRS 2017 Guidelines
- Diagnosis and Management of Pericardial Diseases: ESC 2015 Guidelines
- Prevention and Treatment of Thrombosis in Pediatric and CHD: AHA 2013 Scientific Statement
- Neurodevelopmental Outcomes in Children with CHD – Evaluation and Management: AHA 2012 Scientific Statement
- Evaluation of Screening Approaches for Heart Disease in Children and Adolescents: AHA 2012 Science Advisory
- Role of Pulse Oximetry in Examining Newborns for CHD: AHA/AAP 2009 Scientific Statement
- Monitoring of Children and Adolescents with Heart Disease Receiving Medications for ADHD: AHA 2008 Scientific Statement
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Acute and Chronic Heart Failure: ESC 2016 Guidelines
- Management of Heart Failure: ACC/AHA/HFSA 2016 Guidelines
- Diagnosis and Management of Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy: ESC 2014 Guidelines
- Management of Heart Failure: ACCF/AHA 2013 Guidelines
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy: ACCF/AHA 2011 Guidelines
- Care of Heart Transplant Recipients: ISHLT 2010 Guidelines
- Cardiovascular Risk Reduction in High-Risk Patients: AHA 2019 Scientific Statement
- Screening and Management of High Blood Pressure: AAP 2017 Guidelines
- Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring in Children and Adolescents: AHA 2014 Scientific Statement
- Cardiovascular Health and Risk Reduction: AAP 2011 Expert Consensus
- Management of Metabolic Syndrome: AHA 2009 Scientific Statement
- Drug Therapy for High-Risk Lipid Abnormalities: AHA 2007 Scientific Statement
- Cardiovascular Risk Reduction in High-Risk Patients: AHA 2006 Scientific Statement
Please check with each organization to see if an event has been rescheduled due to COVID-19.
|08/14||CSI Monthly special: Pulmonary Valve – 15:00 CEST
|09/25||CSI Coarctation – 16:00 CEST
|10/09||CSI VSD Closure – 16:00 CEST
|10/15||5th Annual Advances in Congenital Heart Disease Summit
|10/22||9th Annual Scientific Sessions of the Cardiac Neurodevelopmental Outcome Collaborative